Animating layouts part IV - demo
This is the fourth part in a series about automatically animated layouts in Swing applications.
- The first part introduced the
TransitionLayout. This part showed animated versions of
- The second part showed the
TransitionLayoutapplied to a (at least partially) real-world image viewer that allows live thumbnail resizing.
- The thirs part described the current implementation and alternatives that were considered.
On Tuesday the party is over (the wife and the baby get back home from a long overseas trip) and it's less than an hour before the Sunday night football. What does it mean? Not much time left :)
Click on the link below to launch a test application that shows different capabilities of the
TransitionLayout (that has since been modified to handle multiple tracking). The application has three
- The first is on the tabbed pane itself, allowing cross-fades on tab selection (with no change to application code apart from installing the layout manager).
- The second one is on the top panel of the first tab (buttons 1, 2 and 3).
- The third one is on the bottom panel of the first tab (buttons 4, 5 and 6).
Add buttons on the first tab to add the buttons - note the cross-fade effects. Use the checkboxes to select the visibility of the buttons and click
Toggle button to initiate the transition fades / animations. The source for this application is right