JWSDP wins developer.com award
developer.com announced the awards for Product of the year 2005
contest! And JWSDP won the "Web Service or Related Tool of the Year" award.
Here are the specific reasons quoted for giving the award to JWSDP:
- Complete collection of tools for Java developers
- Easy to use
- Variety of implementations
- Stress on security
- Documentation and sample programs
Other than that, Sun won awards in 5 other categories:
- Technology of the year: J2SE 5.0
- Enterprise Development Tool of the Year: J2EE
- Wireless/Mobile Development Product of the Year: J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.2
- Java Tool of the Year: Sun Java Studio Creator
- Open Source Tool of the Year: NetBeans IDE
Here is a promising quote about Sun from the article
A few years back, Sun set out a product roadmap for developers that called for a range of products and technologies to match the diverse needs of different developer constituencies. Over the last year, Sun has delivered on this vision. By expanding its product line with brand new offerings like Java Studio Creator and stepping up its commitment to the NetBeans open source project, the creator of Java has brought to market a broad and innovative line of products.
The awards were announced few weeks ago, but the pride is still there to enjoy :) And I feel excited since I contribute to JWSDP.