3 steps for successful GlassFish Deployment
There are 3 simple steps for a successful GlassFish
enterprise deployment - Download, Register, Subscribe. This blog
describes what and why of each step. It particularly
the several unique benefits available to you in each step.
- The first step for any successful enterprise deployment is to
- the best open source Application Server (see What's
the big deal about GlassFish ?). You can download, develop
and deploy your applications on GlassFish completely FREE.
The benefits that comes along with download are:
- All the major releases like GlassFish v2,
minor releases like GlassFish
v2 UR1 and nightly
builds are available.
- Each build is accompanied by excellent
- Get your questions answered by the community via GlassFish
Forum or user
- Use Update
Center to add new functionalty or update existing binaries.
- After GlassFish is downloaded and installed, you can easily
register your instance
by providing an email address. You can register by following these
registration gives you the following benefits (in addition to the ones
available in Download):
- Access to aggregate contents like tech tips, bugs fixed,
latest news and promotions.
developer patches - A developer in GlassFish community may provide you
an adhoc patch before it gets committed in the build.
- Once your
application is deployed and you need quality support in
maintaining it then it's strongly recommended to buy the subscription.
You can purchase the subscription
Here are the unique benefits that comes along with subscription (in
addition to the ones available in Register):
- Ability to escalate bugs for an out of cycle patch or
- Low risk, tested fixes and features for mission critical
- Enterprise level production support SLA - Standard,
Premium or Premium Plus. Ensures 4 hour response for any
question for Standard and Live Transfer for Premium and Premium Plus.
- Indemnification for both parties
- Live person technical support
- Proactive to Sun
Alerts and Notifications
- Access to Sun
The benefits at different steps are also summarized here.
Sun provides support for GlassFish through our distribution Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 (SJSAS 9.1). So if you have already downloaded then go ahead and register. If you have already registered and ready for deployment then download SJSAS 9.1 and buy a subscription. And be confident of your enterprise applications!