GlassFish and MySQL Student Contest - Winners announced
and MySQL student contest winners are href="http://blogs.sun.com/students/entry/mysql_and_glassfish_student_reviews">announced!
Kolli Bharath from href="http://www.daiict.ac.in/daiict/index.html">Dhirubhai
Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology,
and Tomas Augusto
de Santa Cruz do Sul, Brazil ( href="http://tomasmuller.com.br/2008/10/21/powering-what-you-dont-see-with-glassfish-and-mysql/">review,
won the grand prize of $500 each. There are href="http://blogs.sun.com/students/entry/mysql_and_glassfish_student_reviews">7
second prize winners of $250 each.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Meet some of the contest participants href="http://blogs.sun.com/students/entry/mysql_and_glassfish_reviews_continued">here,
There were lots of great entries and picking one was a tough decision.
But luckily the process was simple and clearly defined for all the
judges. Each submission was assigned numbers between 1-100 in
8 pre-defined criteria and then a winner was picked. Now, don't ask us
about the total marks for each entry or the winning margin ;)
Thanks to all the judges for reviewing the entries!
Here are some guidelines I followed during the review:
- I looked at the blog and project website, how do I get
- Is the project site well structured, with links to code,
docs, etc ?
- Is there an installation/user manual ?
- Is the application a stereotype
- Is testing (unit, integration, stress, reliability,
performance and others) integral part of the project ?
- Is it a simple JSP/Servlet application or any creative use
of GlassFish ? For example, is the participant using Web services,
Grizzly Comet, Rails, Grails, Admin console, Monitoring or any such
- Any usability or functionality bugs filed during project
- How useful is the application in context ?
- Any NetBeans- or Eclipse-GlassFish integration features
So if you plan to participate in any contest in the future, keep these
points in mind :)
If you are interested in advertising your contest entry on this blog,
leave a comment on this blog!
Watch out blogs.sun.com/students
for upcoming contests.