SailFin : Develop your own application using templates:
Writing a new test application in SailFin is made easy using the test templates. Using the test templates, one can create the following types of test apps :
invite-uas : SailFin is a callee/UAS to handle the incoming INVITE dialog. invite-uac : SailFin is a caller/UAC and creates a INVITE dialog. subscribe-uas : Useful for presence applications. b2bua : SailFin is a B2BUA handling the call setup b/w two parties. proxy : SailFin is simple proxy. template-only : Test app with empty source files, so that one can modify for thier needs. So, this iprovides an environment (with build files, java files) in order to quickly modify/run the test app.
The test apps created using the template is ready to run, and also has "nbproject" so that it can be editied/modified using NetBeans IDE.
So, here we go...
0. Download and install latest SailFin from https://sailfin.dev.java.net/
1. cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvs co sailfin/saifin-tests
2. cd sailfin/sailfin-tests/community/sipcontainer
3. ant create-devtest; // prints help with all the info.
4. ant create-devtest -Dtest.name=mytest -Dtest.type=invite-uas; // create a new invite-uas test app
5. cd mytest; // you can see that everything is created including SIP servlet, build files, sipp scenario files, etc.
6. ant all; // the test will be compiled, run, results reported.
[Note: Before running (6), make sure you have version 3.1 of sipp copied under sailfin/sailfin-tests/lib folder]
There are already many test apps under community/sipcontainer which are created using these templates.
These templates not only helps the developers, but also for the end users to quickly run something after installing the SailFin server. and also can serve as a tutorial to see how to develop different kinds of SIP servlet applications.