Skip to main content

Mojarra 2.0.1 has shipped

Posted by driscoll on October 23, 2009 at 2:10 PM PDT

Just a short post to note that we've now shipped Mojarra 2.0.1. This version fixes a very serious bug when running on Tomcat. You can pick up the files from the usual places, see the release notes for more information.

If you're using GlassFish, and already running 2.0.0 (you leading edge adopter!), there's probably no reason to upgrade - though the new v3 (b69) has the updated jar, and it will be propagated via the usual Update Center distribution.

Comments

Failed to deploy 2.0.1 to GlassFish v3 Preview

We have a Maven war project that includes the 2.0.1-b02 impl/api jars into our war file.... we deploy our war to both Tomcat and GlassFish (we are evaluating moving to GlassFish v3 Preview). I added the following to my sun-web.xml file:

class-loader delegate="false"
property name="useBundledJsf" value="true"

but, when I do this, I get the following error when I deploy my simple war file:

java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.ServletContext.getServletRegistrations()Ljava/util/Map;

I know I don't need 2.0.1 for GlassFish v3 Preview, but I'm trying to use the SAME war file that I use in Tomcat as I use in Glassfish. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff

Please file a bug - or ask webtier@glassfish.dev.java.net

If you come across a problem that seems to be a bug in Mojarra, please file it as a bug. Offhand, with the information you've provided, it sounds like you're also picking up an old version of the Servlet API - the odds are good that it's a bug in how you're building your war, but I don't know based on the info you've provided.

Thank you for fixing this

Thank you for fixing this bugs in tomcat quickly, but the current release still have a serious bug cause it cannot be used in production, this bug has been reproduced since changed the client id to make it short, so we still use Mojarra Beta2, the Beta2 have not serious bugs except the default attribute value.

Click a command link on a DataTable row, sometimes it throws the following exception :

Caused by: javax.faces.FacesException: Unexpected error restoring state for component with id j_idt27:j_idt45:j_idt72. Cause: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0. at com.sun.faces.application.view.StateManagementStrategyImpl$2.visit(StateManagementStrategyImpl.java:239) at com.sun.faces.component.visit.FullVisitContext.invokeVisitCallback(FullVisitContext.java:147) at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.visitTree(UIComponent.java:1443) at javax.faces.component.UIData.visitColumnsAndRows(UIData.java:1520) at javax.faces.component.UIData.visitTree(UIData.java:1207) at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.visitTree(UIComponent.java:1454) at javax.faces.component.UIForm.visitTree(UIForm.java:324) at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.visitTree(UIComponent.java:1454) at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.visitTree(UIComponent.java:1454) at javax.faces.component.UINamingContainer.visitTree(UINamingContainer.java:163) at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.visitTree(UIComponent.java:1454) at com.sun.faces.application.view.StateManagementStrategyImpl.restoreView(StateManagementStrategyImpl.java:223) at com.sun.faces.application.StateManagerImpl.restoreView(StateManagerImpl.java:177) at com.sun.faces.application.view.ViewHandlingStrategy.restoreView(ViewHandlingStrategy.java:131) at com.sun.faces.application.view.FaceletViewHandlingStrategy.restoreView(FaceletViewHandlingStrategy.java:429) at com.sun.faces.application.view.MultiViewHandler.restoreView(MultiViewHandler.java:143) at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.execute(RestoreViewPhase.java:199) at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:101) at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.doPhase(RestoreViewPhase.java:110) at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:118) at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:310) ... 16 more

Please file a bug

Blog comments aren't really the place to talk about bugs - it's the wrong format, and it can take a while for me to notice them.

Please come up with a short, reproducable test case, and post it to the Mojarra issues list.

This is the first I've heard of this problem, and you don't nearly give enough information to reproduce the bug.