Upcoming JSF 2.2 Classes from Ed Burns
JSF 2.2 Class in Mannheim, Germany Monday 2013-09-09
- How to declare flows
- How to navigate with flows
- Flow scoped data
- Review of Facelets core concepts
- How to declare a resource library contract
- How to apply them to sub-sections of your app
- This feature brings the "pure HTML" qualities of Wicket to JSF, without the accompanying Wicket baggage of having to write the same thing twice, once in markup and once in Java.
- Pass Through Elements
- Pass Through Attributes
- Cross Site Request Forgery protection
- View Actions
- Automatic tag creation
- Method validation brings design-by-contract to java
- Lambda expressions before Java SE 8
- Query enhancements
- CDI injection into event listeners
JSF 2.2 is the latest evolution in the standard UI framework for Java EE. This full day session covers what's new in JSF 2.2 and also presents these new features in Java EE 7 that are particularly interesting to JSF developers. The timing is as follows: The morning session will cover "JSF 2.2 New Features", basically Faces Flows, Resource Library Contracts and HTML5 Friendly Markup and the afternoon session will cover the new features in Java EE 7 with interest to JSF, in particular Bean Validation 1.1, EL 3.0 and JPA 2.1. A VM will be provided that has all the course materials and examples.
Resource Library Contracts
HTML5 Friendly Markup
Other new features
Bean Validation 1.1
Complete details can be found at <http://bit.ly/jsf22de2013>.
JSF 2.2 Class in San Francisco, Germany Sunday 2013-09-22
I'm presenting the same class with two hours of additional in-depth content on HTML5 provided by Oliver Szymanski at JavaU. To the above outline, add the following.
- A short history of 4 to 5
- What is HTML5 aiming for?
- Short overview of diffs from HTML4 (markup part)
- Overview about the different sub specs/ new APIs
- Objective criticism about HTML5
Naturally, the other content will be shortened accordingly to make space for Oliver's content.
Complete details can be found at <http://bit.ly/jsf22us2013>