JCP 2011 Executive Committee Election Under Way; "Meet the Candidates" Call on Thursday
The JCP Program Office has annouced that the 2011 Executive Committee elections are under way. Thursday morning at 8:30 AM (US Pacific Daylight Time) there will be a "Meet the Candidates" conference call. Heather VanCura, from the JCP Program Office, commented:
This is a great opportunity to meet the candidates, listen to their qualification statements and ask questions.
In other words, this is an interactive call. It's a good chance to go beyond simply reading the candidates' qualifications and deciding who you'll vote for based on published materials.
Here's something else to consider: there are a lot of candidates for this election. There are nine candidates for two open seats on the Standard/Enterprise Executive Committee; and there are five candidates for two open seats on the Micro Edition Executive Committee. So, if you'll be voting, it's going to take some time to give appropriate consideration to each candidate.
The "Meet the Candidates" call, then, is an opportunity to get a clearer view of what distinguishes the candidates. You'll find complete details for joining the call near the bottom of Heather's blog post.
Voting in the EC Special Election will be open through October 31. Election results will be presented on November 1.
- Jan Haderka, Ever heard of REDbot?;
Our current java.net poll asks What interests you about JavaFX 2.0 and its future?. Voting will be open until Friday, October 28.
Here are the stories we've recently featured in our Java news section:
- Steven Meloan Looking Back on JavaOne 2011, a Moving Forward JavaOne;
- Heather Van Cura announces Ballot opens today for 2011 JCP EC Election;
- Roman Kennke discusses Securing Java code - Exceptions;
- Janice J. Heiss reports: And The Winners Are.......The Duke's Choice Award;
- Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine reports on October trips and a new JUG;
- Geertjan Wielenga shows how to Scroll in NetBeans Editor to Increase/Decrease Font Size!;
- Peter Pilgrim presentsProgressive JavaFX Custom Components;
- The JCP Program Office presents Recent JSR updates;
- Ludovic Poitou announces OpenDJ 2.4.4 is now available;
Our latest java.net href="http://www.java.net/archive/spotlight">Spotlight is Patrick Curran's No more smoke-filled rooms:
The Executive Committees of the JCP have been busy for the past several months on some significant revisions to the Process. These changes have been specified through JSR 348: Towards a new version of the Java Community Process...
Our previous Spotlight was Markus Eisele's The Heroes of Java: Fabiane Bizinella Nardon:
Fabiane Bizinella Nardon is a computer scientist who is passionate about creating software that will positively change the world we live in. She was the architect of the Brazilian Healthcare Information System, considered the largest JavaEE application in the world...
Subscriptions and Archives: You can subscribe to this blog using the java.net Editor's Blog Feed. You can also subscribe to the Java Today RSS feed and the java.net blogs feed. You can find historical archives of what has appeared the front page of java.net in the java.net home page archive.