Current Poll (What's Your View on M2M and IoT?); and Nighthacking Poll Result
Our current Java.net poll is related to one of the primary themes from the recent Jfokus 2013 conference. The conference included an Embedded mini-conference. I attended many of those sessions, and will be posting blogs about them in the coming weeks.
Our poll asks: What's your view on the future of machine-to-machine (M2M) interaction, also known as the Internet of Things (IoT)? Voting will be open until this coming Friday, February 22.
Last poll: Stephen Chin's Nighthacking Tours
Do you follow Stephen Chin's 'Nighthacking' tours?
- 78% (416 votes) - Yes, and I watch the interviews live when possible
- 2% (11 votes) - I've watched Nighthacking tour interviews after the fact
- 1% (8 votes) - I didn't actively follow the first tour, but I'm following the Nordic tour
- 1% (8 votes) - I've considered following the Nighthacking tours
- 9% (47 votes) - No, and I probably won't any time soon
- 8% (45 votes) - Other
Clearly, there's not much analysis that can be done with these results! The great majority of people who chose to vote are following the Nighthacking tours, and they like to watch the interviews as they happen, live, when possible.
Even if you haven't been following Stephen Chin's tours, you might want to visit the Nighthacking Tour site. There you'll find videos of all the interviews Steve has done on his two tours. Most of the interviews are in the 45 minute range, with some shorter ones and a few that last over an hour. There's lots of good stuff there!