Oracle Gathers Together Java 8 Launch Materials: 35 In-Depth Sessions to Date
If you missed the Java 8 Launch Live Webcast, or if you'd like to re-review the webcast, or if you'd like to view more in depth presentations about specific areas of Java 8 (including Java SE 8, Java SE Embedded 8, Java ME 8, and the Internet of Things and The Enterprise) -- then, you'll want to visit the Java 8 Launch site that Oracle has put together. The site is an excellent collection of Java 8 reference materials, including the Java 8 Launch Live Webcast.
For example, 12 Java SE 8 sessions are available:
- Brian Goetz: Java SE 8—Language and Library Features
- Stephen Colebourne: A New Date and Time API—JSR-310
- Paul Sandoz: JDK Hacker on Core Libraries
- Stuart Marks: Introduction to Lambda Expressions
- Alex Buckley and Michael Ernst: Enhanced Metadata—Annotations and Access to Parameter Names
- Staffan Friberg: Performance Improvements in JDK 8
- Jim Weaver: What's New for JavaFX in Java SE 8
- Simon Ritter: New Features in Java SE 8: A Developer's Guide
- Geertjan Wielenga: NetBeans IDE 8: Toolbox for Java SE 8
- Milton Smith: Java 8 Security Highlights
- Marcus Hirt: Introducing Java Mission Control 5.3.0
Subscriptions and Archives: You can subscribe to this blog using the java.net Editor's Blog Feed. You can also subscribe to the Java Today RSS feed and the java.net blogs feed. To follow Java.net net on Twitter, follow @javanetbuzz.