GELC and the new project: study groups
Some time ago was put here on the Web site of java.net a post in a forum where I spoke about initiatives within universities for the free study of Java technology.
Today, I as one of the leaders of the GELC and participant of one of the groups, the Confraria do Java, I will post experiences related to this group.
In Confraria do Java have the following structure for the study of Java technology:
- We meet once every 15 days
- All participation is open to students of the university
- Selected a project for development
- We created a list of items that must be studied to develop the project
- Each student presented an item to the other students
- Starts is the development of the project
We have items for studies very varied, from UML, SQL, Database, Hibernate, JSF, etc...
This is a small summary of how this group is organized to teach Java technology to other students.
The initiative of the Study Group has existed for some time here in Brazil, in the next post's explain better.
Ah, I was forgetting ... Today we have the GELC 4 new leaders, and all Brazilians :)
- Daniel Wildt
- Elias Nogueira
- Vinicius Senger
- Yara Senger
Soon post more news ...
How to make a study-group (in portuguese):
List of study-groups:
Confraria do Java project: