AJAX FAQ for the Java Developer
In the land where Java flows freely I have encountered many that are not familiar with AJAX and ask many of the same questions. I put together this FAQ with developers that use Java and Java Enterprise Edition in mind.
See the AJAX FAQ for the Java Developer.
Some of the questions I have addressed include:
- Should I consider AJAX?
- Does AJAX work with Java?
- Won't my framework provide me with AJAX?
- Where should I start?
- What do I need to know?
- Are there usability issues with AJAX?
- Should I use an HTTP GET or POST for my AJAX calls?
- How do I provide internationalized AJAX interactions?
- How do I handle concurrent AJAX requests?
- What do I do on the server to interact with an AJAX client?
- Where do I store state with an AJAX client?
- How do I submit a form or a part of a form without a page refresh?
- Is the server or the client in control?
- Are there any security issues with AJAX?
- When do I use a synchronous versus a asynchronous request?
- What about applets and plugins?
- How do I handle the back and forward buttons?
- How do I send an image using AJAX?
- How do I create a thread to do AJAX polling?
These questions are not all Java related but are common things a web developer starting with AJAX may ask.
What questions would you like addressed?