More than 55000 Blog Readers cannot be wrong! The Comet revolution has started...
My Comet related blogs recently passed more that 55000 hits. It's probably low for a lot of blogger, but since Comet is fairly new, I consider this as a good sign of the growing importance of Comet. And the count is still growing fast....The first one of the series (aka The Grizzly Comet or why space shuttle Discovery launch was delayed) is by far my biggest read blog (much more than the one published year before). Has the Comet revolution started? I would say yes, seeing more and more Java based application using Comet (on Jetty or Grizzly). There is also more and more blogs on the topic. My favorite one those day is this excellent blog written by Joe Walker: Why Comet is of Growing Importance. And there is a new dedicated site on comet, Comet Daily, which contains a lot of great blogs about Comet. Let the revolution begins!
To promote my own food, here is a recap of the GlassFish related Comet blogs:
- Grizzly part III: Asynchronous Request Processing (ARP): The API on which Grizzly Comet is build on. This API can be used not only for Comet (ex: The HTTP BC component of OpenESB).
- The Grizzly Comet or why space shuttle Discovery launch was delayed: Introduction of Grizzly Comet API
- Writing a Comet web application using GlassFish: A simple example of how to use Comet.
- Introduction to the Bayeux support in GlassFish: Bayeux/cometd implementation details.
- Asynchronous Comet Processing: A technique on how to write scalable Comet application.
- New Adventures in Comet: Throttling the Server push, Polling, long polling or Http streaming with AJAX. Which one to choose, Writing a Comet enabled client using Prototype and Behaviour libraries: Some tricks when writing scalable Comet application.
- Introducing Grizzlet! Building Ajax/Comet based application with POJO: Simple Comet application using POJO.
- The Arctic Grizzly Comet blast off! Using ICEfaces and Grizzly Comet to build scalable Ajax Push applications, Grizzly attacks! DWR's Reverse Ajax to support The Comet Implementation!: client side products that can be used with grizzly Comet.
Long live Comet...and big THANKS for the community feedback I got so far!