Ursus arctos horribilis: Grizzly 1.8.0 released (Community release!)
Our biggest release ever :-)...OK last time I've claimed the same fact..naaaa our biggest one will be Grizzly 2.0! Well, 1.8.0 contains a lot of bug fixes, performance improvements, cool new technologies support (GWT, iPhone, etc.), new Comet components, new embeddable features, etc.
This release fix multiples bugs and RFE:
- Issue 159: GWT servlet is missing *.rpc file from ServletContext.getResourceAsStream: You can now replace Tomcat with Grizzly in GWT and get GWT Comet a ride.
- Issue 89: Remove the asymmetry in channel event handling in Grizzly. Now a ProtocolChain can be used for both client and server event handling.
- Issue 158: OSGi not properly implemented for all modules (since OSGi is the buzz on the month)
- Issue 122: Add Messages Bus support to Comet. A very simple Servlet that can be used to add Comet support to any existing application
- Issue 101: Add support for suspendable connection at the transport level: Adding asynchronous request processing to any Grizzly based application using a ProtocolFilter.
- Issue 149: It's tricky to use ParserProtocolFilter with port unification
- And many more!
More important, the community keep growing and we are getting more and more feedback, test cases, code donation, tutorials, help....this is just amazing :-). On the performance side, we have compared with Grizzly 1.0.20 using Faban (2000 simultaneous connections):
% errors: 0.0
avg. time: 0.059
max time: 13.208
90th %: 0.10
% errors: 0.0
avg. time: 0.143
max time: 12.796
90th %: 0.25
Looks like we are also improving performance of our http extension. Try it using embeddable/OSGi bundles by downloading them from here! And finally, there are some rumors Grizzly works like a charm on the iPhone...is that cool?