Atmosphere 0.3 Released
Atmosphere 0.3 released with support for Scala, Clustering, Injections, Grails Support, Cometd/Bayeux Protocol, many performance improvements, and many new extension points!!
The 0.3 release is our most stable/tested/improved release so far. Read what changed since 0.2:
- Full REST based application using Atmosphere core module
- Scala support: Use Scala to write powerful asynchronous web application
- Bayeux Protocol: You like the Comed/Bayeux Protocol? Run it on of Atmosphere.
- Cluster supported: decide between Shoal or JGroups
- Annotations Injection: You can now write your own annotation and inject it as needed
- Use Atmosphere as a Filter instead of a Servlet
- Customize Broadcaster Scope and re-write Twitter.com
- Use Filters like Google Guice
- Run on Glassfish, Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere using Servlet 3.0 or native Comet implementation
- Execute synchronous broadcast or asynchronous broadcast using BroadcasterFuture
- Filter and transform broadcasted message using BroadcasterFilter
- Work with the new Grails Atmosphere plug-in
- Play tic-tac-toe using Atmosphere
Oh and the Atmosphere core module is now fully powered by Jersey 1.1.1-ea release, and without having to change a single line of Jersey code!