Substance 4.1 official release
- Full HiDPI support (part 1, part 2, part 3).
- Font policy for Gnome desktops.
- API for installing a scaled font policy.
- New Creme Coffee skin.
- Inner border painters.
- New visuals for tabbed pane content border.
- Transition-aware animating icons for control icons.
- New version of Xoetrope color wheel for the color chooser component.
- Better visuals for the JRibbon component (part 1, part 2, part 3) in the Substance Flamingo plugin.
- Support for the GroupLayout baseline functionality in the Substance Baseline plugin.
In addition to the core release, the following Substance plugins and modules have been updated as well:
- Substance Flamingo plugin for the latest 2.1dev drop of Flamingo component suite.
- Substance SwingX plugin for the build 255 of SwingX component suite.
- Substance Baseline plugin for release 1.0.2 of Swing-Layout project.
- Substance NetBeans module for 6.0beta2 of NetBeans IDE.
The documentation has been updated with the latest visuals and APIs. In addition, there are new tutorials on Substance painters and skinning of custom components.
Special thanks for bug reporting and testing go to Mikael Grev, Vincent Trussart, Kamil Paral, Klaus Rheinwald and Jean-Francois Poilpret.
A few screenshots of the new functionality in Substance 4.1:
The inner border painters and tab pane content borders in the Raven Graphite Glass skin:
The new Creme Coffee skin:
Full support for desktop resolution settings:
Automatic font policy for Gnome desktops: