See you at Sun Tech Days!
I've been spending a lot of time lately working with the folks from Sun Tech Days. With all theÂ developments and excitement in the Java ME space we're putting a lot of effort into updating the Sun Tech Days with new and relevant content and getting the experts who live and breathe Java ME in front of you, the developer community.
In case you don't know, the Sun Tech Days are a regular series of worldwide developer events around the globe on a different continent every couple of weeks. The schedule is insane ;-) but the goal is to give as many developers as possible the opportunity to hear about the latest technologies, get a feel for what's happening, and meet the folks at Sun involved in it. Sort of like a mini-JavaOne.
The next Sun Tech Days are in Hyderabad, India (home page) and we're already expecting a pretty large crowd. Here's a taste of what will be happening there (mind you, the agenda and schedule is still in flux):
- An agenda packed with keynotes, technical talks, hands-on labs, and discussions
- A keynote by Rich Green, Executive Vice President, Software (the guy who made open source Java a reality!)
- A talk on the status of open source Java ME and the Mobile & Embedded Community, held by myself
- Sessions on next-generation of Java ME technology such as the Mobile Services Architecture (MSA), new and cool features of Sun's Wireless Toolkit for CLDC as well as CDC and it's sibling the Netbeans Mobility Pack, and cool code and demos on Java ME Graphics and Media
- A session on developing Java ME applications on the open source phoneME platform and how to leverage the Application Developer Project to build better applications, faster
- An opportunity to mingle, check out the sponsor pavillion, and chat with some of your fellow developers
- Meet Sun and community experts and people deeply involved in Java ME, ask questions, get help
Oh, and by the way, the Java ME Tech Day section of these events is free of charge!
So, if you're in the area and have a chance, please stop by. I truly look forward to seeing you there.
Powered by Qumana