Mobile & Embedded Developer Days Wrap-Up
- Updated link in video section below, now points to the first set of archived videos on ustream
- Added attendance numbers
- Sentilla also has posted a blog entry
Wow, what a week it has been! The Java Mobile & Embedded Developer Days conference ended last Thursday and I think it is fair to say it was a resounding success.
Many attendees gave us very positive feedback both personally and in email and blogs. They commented on the varied and high-quality content, the focus of the audience, the connections they made, and the community spirit of the conference. It's very satisfying to hear people enjoyed this conference as much as they did and certainly the flawless organization behind the scenes and all the help from the community was essential in pulling this off. Hats off to all involved!
Thanks again to our sponsors:
Conference wrap-up, in bullets:
- Attendance: The conference was a sell-out at nearly 200 local attendees. Remote viewership on the live ustream broadcast peaked at just over 200 and was pretty steady throughout the conference.
- Pictures: Thanks to Dan Indrigo - pictures on Flickr here .
- Session slides: PDF slides to all sessions (except James Goslings keynote) can be found here.
- Videos: We have already posted some selected videos on ustream. All videos will be made available online at no cost over the next couple of weeks (we need time for processing and editing). The final location of the videos will be posted here and on the Mobile & Embedded Community home page.
- Remote participation: After some initial bandwidth issues on our end it seemed to have worked very well and there was excellent interaction between remote and local worlds via the chat facility.
- Conference evaluation: If you attended the conference (locally or remotely) please be sure to fill in the evaluation form. The evaluation results, including session ratings, can be found as well.
Recap of conference announcements:
- Sun SPOT Squawk VM goes open source
- Betavine and Mobile & Embedded Community collaboration: Betavine Web API for Java ME
- OpenCable platform development community by CableLabs
- JXTA Java ME MIDP 2.0 Proxyless Implementation available
Select conference coverage:
- Sean Sheedy's blog
- C. Enrique Ortiz' blog
- Mobility Tech Tips blog
- Ove NordstrÃ¶m's Blog
- Steveâ€™s Little World
- Pushing Pixels
- C|rrus Blog-o-Mat
- Google Android leaves Sun wondering (InfoWorld)
- Mobile app developer alliance pondered (InfoWorld)
- Sun's JavaFX tools to interop with Adobe (The Reg Developer)
If you liked the conference or if you are interested in the Mobile & Embedded Community I really encourage you to register as a community member (at least in an "Observer" role) in one of the community projects or the top-level mobileandembedded.dev.java.net project. Show your support!
And finally, we've already received numerous requests for a repeat! Stay tuned ... ;-)
Powered by Qumana