Tag and I'm it
Bruno Souza tagged me in this game of "say five things probably nobody knows about you and pass it on". So here are five things you probably didn't (want to) know about me, and I'll share the love with my fellow Java-oids:
- I'm a musician/singer-songwriter/audio engineer (tried playing professionally after college and decided I didn't want to spend my life singing American Pie for drunk tourists). I still write and record songs, and am working on a cd's worth of acoustic neo-folk/rock songs in my nearly non-existent spare time. Here's an mp3.
- I don't actually live in Prague anymore, I just can't figure out how to change the blurb that shows up at the top of this page.
- I'm homeless - I put all my things in storage last June, since I was travelling for work so much, and have been experimenting with living out of a suitcase. So far, so good.
- I spent a couple of years in the early 90's doing 3D graphic design, and still do a bit of photography
- I was once a taxi driver on Martha's Vineyard, while performing in clubs there in the evenings
Now <rubs hands together with evil glee>, who will I tag? How about: Jon Locke, creator of Wicket and my friend since about third grade; Ben Galbraith, Desktop developer extraordinaire; my friend and former manager Trung Duc Tran because he has a weblog and never blogs and I need an excuse to tease him about it; and James, because we all want to know five random things about him, right? And lastly, to branch out from the Java software community, my friend Danielle
Interesting things you can do with a giant telephoto lens for a Pentacon TL 6 and a bunch of extension tubes, adapted onto a Canon EOS
More Macro Lens Fun