Here are key points about Metro release
- Bundles stable versions of JAX-WS RI and WSIT
- WSIT will no longer have a separate release, it will be part of Metro bundle
- We will keep releasing JAX-WS RI as a separate bundle as it is
an RI of JSR-224, at least for sometime
- Any of JAX-WS RI releases will be completely synchronized with the Metro release
- Each Metro release will be tested on the latest available stable Glassfish release on JDK5 and JDK6 on linux/solaris/windows
I have put together Metro roadmap, this is not a final
document yet so don't be surprised if you see any changes in it. However it should give you a good idea as to where we are going, our tentative dates,
integration in to different products etc.
Now an update on what are we up to:
After we released Metro 1.0
we started working on Metro 1.0.1 and Metro 1.1. Metro
1.0.1 is a limited restricted bug fix release for Glassfish v2 UR1.
Right now Metro 1.1 is going thru final testing phase and
is close to getting released, possibly around christmas. As mentioned in the roadmap, Metro 1.1 will consists of
JAX-WS RI 2.1.3 and WSIT 1.1. There won't be a separate WSIT 1.1 release, it is part of Metro 1.1.
Key fatures in upcoming Metro 1.1
- Large and Streaming Attachment Support
- Efficient Handler - Handler<Message>
- XML Schema validation support
- New wsimport features and enhancements
- Early access Reliable Messaging 1.1 and Kerberos Token Support
With respect to JAX-WS RI, we are working on JAX-WS RI 2.1.3 and it goes in to Metro 1.1. As mentioned above the JAX-WS RI releases will be
completely synchronized with the Metro release. So stay tuned, JAX-WS RI 2.1.3 is also in final testing phase and close to getting released along
with Metro 1.1.