Extreme Test Makeover at Agile '06
Brian Marick and I hosted "Extreme Test Makeover," where people could bring their laptops with code and tests, and have an experienced tester/programmer review them.
Observations by participants:
- Watij tests in Fit are too long/confusing to read for customer.
- You could write it in JUnit instead of Fit
- Break them up into small focused tests
- Neat new delegate syntax (with .Net 2.0)
- Descriptive variable names are good [even] for short term variables.
- Keep tests focused on one purpose - If a test needs 3 things to work, create 3 tests
- Generic isn't always useful.
Thanks to our participants and our experts: Bob Martin, Brian Button,
Janet Gregory, JB Rainsberger, Jim Newkirk, Jim Shore, Lisa Crispin,
Micah Martin, Randy Coulman, and Ward Cunningham.