Substance 4.2 official release
- Support for native text rendering in the Bramble plugin.
- Support for component colorization with the new SubstanceLookAndFeel.COLORIZATION_FACTOR client property.
- Font policy for KDE desktops.
- More streamlined visuals of arrow buttons for combo boxes and spinners.
- New visuals for Office Blue 2007, Raven Graphite and Raven Graphite Glass skins that provide better blending for disabled controls and more consistent painting of check marks.
- Cleaner and more streamlined appearance of tables (including tables wrapped in scroll panes)
- Auto-dispose of tab overview dialog.
In addition to the core release candidate, the following Substance plugins and modules have been updated as well:
- Substance SwingX plugin for the build 795 of SwingX component suite.
- Substance Baseline plugin for release 1.0.2 of Swing-Layout project.
- Substance NetBeans module for release 6.0 of NetBeans IDE.
- Substance button shaper pack.
- Substance theme pack.
- Substance watermark pack.
A few screenshots of the new functionality in Substance 4.2:
Support for native text rasterization (viewed here with Segoe UI 12 pixel font under Windows Vista on JDK 5.0):
Component colorization with 50% factor (both background and foreground):
Respecting the KDE desktop font settings:
Better visuals for disabled controls under Raven Graphite skin:
Removing visual noise on tables and table headers in scroll panes: