Substance 5.1 official release
I am very pleased today to announce the official release for version 5.1 of Substance look-and-feel (code-named Panama). The release notes for version 5.1 contain the detailed information on the contents of this release, and the migration guide describes two application-facing binary incompatibilities introduced in button shaper and highlight painter APIs.
This release includes the following:
- Rework of Office Blue skin
- Rework of Office Silver skin
- Extended skinning capabilities
- Improved performance
- Better support for disabled icons
- Better support for themed icons
- Visual editor for color schemes
- Extended support for very large fonts
- Vietnamese localization
- Extended tracing of EDT violations
Click on the button below to launch a signed WebStart application that shows the available Substance features.
The following sub-projects are also available as official releases:
- Substance plugin for SwingX component suite build 1512 from January 5. See test application.
- Substance plugin for Flamingo component suite 4.0. See test applications.
- Substance Extras pack.
You are more than welcome to take Substance 5.1final for a ride and report any problems in the project mailing lists, forums or issue tracker.
Sample screenshots of Substance 5.1 in action: