Newsflash! iPhone UI, JavaFX in 15 mins, Devoxx keynote, developer survey, and more ...
There's been a lot of news bits and snippets of information rolling in over the last two weeks - in fact, too much to cover in a single blog entry. I thought I'd compile some of the more interesting bits for your convenience and reading pleasure:
- Danny Coward, Sun's Chief Architect, Client Software did the keynote at Devoxx a few weeks ago. Parleys.com has the video of Danny's "Top Ten Things you need to know about JavaFX" - including some very sexy demos.
- Also on Parleys.com is a video interview with Joshua Marinacci, Jasper Potts, Richard Bair and Martin Brehovsky covering a wide range of questions around JavaFX.
- Looking for a super-compact, easy introduction on JavaFX? Check out this brand-new video titled "15 Minutes or Less - JavaFX" by the Sun Developer Network (SDN).
- Sony Ericsson Developer World is running a survey - check it out and have a chance at winning an XP1.
- Hinkwond Wong, the phoneME Advanced project lead and tireless (and irreverent ...) blogger on all things mobile, has two new blog entries: Creating an iPhone like UI on JavaFX Mobile, and the hilarious "iPhone is still annoying (even at a highschool reunion)".
- Also by Danny Coward, learn how to burn Blu-ray discs in a video guide
- And last (but not least) an amazing number: JavaFX has already shipped 100,000,000 runtimes! For more information see Jonathan Schwartz' blog entry.
This and much more on the Java Mobile & Embedded Community home page. Be sure to check it for regularly for news on mobile and embedded Java - served fresh!