JSF 2.0 Refcard available
DZone just published the
href="http://refcardz.dzone.com/refcardz/javaserver-faces-20">JSF 2.0 version
of my JSF refcard. It provides updated summaries of the tags and attributes
needed for JSF programming, along with a summary of the JSF expression language
and a list of code snippets for common operations.
If you haven't done so, give JSF 2.0 a try. It is a lot more fun than JSF
1.0. Here is a quick recipe.
- Install Glassfish v3. It comes with JSF 2.0
- Run these commands in an empty directory
svn export https://kenai.com/svn/corejsf~subversion/ch01
svn export https://kenai.com/svn/corejsf~subversion/build.xml
svn export https://kenai.com/svn/corejsf~subversion/build.properties
- Start Glassfish and point your browser to
- Introduce a typo in index.xhtml and run
get a friendly error message, not the stack trace from hell. Hooray!
Now look at the source. Note these points:
- A blessedly empty faces-config.xml
@Statelessannotations in the bean
- Facelets syntax in the web pages