YANPAs: They're Everywhere!
Where I live (Connecticut, US), a popular bumper sticker is "Motorcycles Are Everywhere!" That's what I was reminded of as I surveyed the past week's posts by Geerjan Wielenga, and saw that he has discovered several interesting YANPAs (Yet Another NetBeans Platform Application, as he sometimes calls them). It really begins to appear that, like motorcycles, YANPAs are indeed everywhere! Furthermore, you find YANPAs even in the coldest months!
In the past week, Geertjan has posted:
- Chemical Dictionary Software on the NetBeans Platform
- Commercial Data Mining Software on the NetBeans Platform
- Inventory Management Software on the NetBeans Platform
- Airport & Passenger Management on the NetBeans Platform
- Swedish Ministry of Defence on the NetBeans Platform
- French Ministry of Defence on the NetBeans Platform
- Fingerprint Reader on the NetBeans Platform
As usual, what impresses me is the variety of the applications, and the fact that several of these applications address situations where a high level of reliability and availability is required.
Indeed, YANPAs are everywhere. But they're also very often found in mission critical situations. That's impressive!