SailFin CAFE: Preview Release now available.
A preview release of SailFin CAFE is now available. We announced this project during last JavaOne and then onwards a lot of progress has been made. A number of people from Sun/Oracle and Ericsson contributed code to the project. And many in the community have tried it and gave feedback. Thanks a lot for all contributions. I also want to note that the framework is known to work with multiple sip servlet containers now.
If you are at JavaOne/Oracle Open World today, attend CAFE BOF at 7pm tonight at Hilton to get detailed information on the framework.
Here is a list of key features. Take a look at the javadoc for all the java apis.
- Instant Messaging (simple text messaging, typing detection)
- MSRP (File Transfer, Messaging)
- User Procedures (Registration and Presence)
- Presence Simulator
- Media (Playing, Recording etc)
- Security Annotations
- Initial REST support
A number of blogs are written by developers that give a good idea on the framework. Here is a list of some important ones. The front page of the sailfin cafe website has an exhaustive list of the blogs.
- Writing your First SailFin CAFE application
- SailFin CAFE Fundamentais Part I, Part II
- Call Forwarding, Redirecting
- Using Presence
- MSRP support
- REST introduction
- Running SailFin CAFE on OCCAS
A number of samples are available. You can check them out from svn repository. (svn co --username guest https://sailfin-cafe.dev.java.net/svn/sailfin-cafe/trunk/cafe-samples). Following are some applications available for trying out.
- Getting Started (two party call, conference)
- Music Store
- Conference Application (with DTMF, Announcements etc)
- Greeting service
- Call-When-Online (Presence + Call)
- Hunt Group
Download and use it, and send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.