The new TDD/BDD/ATDD for Java Developers workshop schedule is out!
Come get up to speed on the latest techniques in Test-Driven Development, Behaviour-Driven Development and Automated Acceptance Testing!
The Wakaleo TDD/BDD workshop schedule for the next six months is out!
In response to popular demand, the TDD/BDD workshops have been extended to a 3-day format, and include more time for numerous labs, group programming exercises, and live coding demonstrations.
You will learn about vital modern development best practices such as Test-Driven Development, Behaviour-Driven Development, and Automated Acceptance Tests, and how to apply them in your own projects. You will gain practical experience with the latest in open source testing tools, including JUnit 4.8, Mockito, automated web testing using Page Objects with Selenium 2/Web Driver, and JOLT-Award winner easyb.
You will also learn about the relationship between Automated Acceptance Tests (ATDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD). You will also learn how to refactor code to make it easier to maintain and to test, and how to use code coverage and code quality tools such as Cobertura to isolate poor quality or poorly-tested code.
A general outline of the course program is shown here:
- A Gentle Introduction to Test-driven Development and Behaviour-Driven Development
- Getting started with TDD
- JUnit Kung Fu - Fixtures, Hamcrest asserts, Exception testing, Timeouts, Parameterized tests, Rule annotations, writing your own Hamcrest matchers...
- Continuous Testing in Eclipse with Infinitest
- Using Mocks and Stubs for state-based and interaction-based testing with Mockito
- Refactoring best practices
- Using test coverage metrics to improve your testing process
- Testing Spring applications
- Testing Servlet and Portlet-based applications
- Testing a web interface with Selenium 2.0/WebDriver
- Test-Driving Legacy Code
- Writing more expressive unit tests in Groovy
- Automating your Acceptance Tests - Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) and Acceptance-Test Driven Development (ATDD) with easyb
Over the first 4 months of 2011, we currently have public sessions planned for Sydney, Melbourne, Wellington, Canberra and Brisbane. And of course we can also run tailored versions of the course onsite.
These workshops are becoming increasingly popular, so it's worthwhile booking ahead. So what are you waiting for? Sign up now!