Welcome, Algeria Java User Group!
Java User Groups Community leader John Yeary noted that the Algeria Java User Group recently held its first meeting. The meeting was held in conjunction with Software Freedom Day, an international celebration of free and open source software. Algeria JUG members posted pictures from the event on Facebook.
The Algeria JUG describes itself and its objectives as follows:
Algeria JUG is the first official JUG of Algeria, is a local community of Java users who get to share information, resources, solutions, innovation, opportunities, and share ideas about real-world problems. The aim of Algeria JUG is to connect Java addicted, lovers, professionals and students under one roof and to make java developing more fun and easy.
The Algeria JUG has already put down a footprint in many places on the Internet. In addition to their Java.net home, you can find the Algeria Java User Group on Yahoo Groups (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/jug_group/), on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ALGERIAJUG), on Wordpress (http://algeriajug.wordpress.com/), and on Twitter (@AlgeriaJUG).
Welcome, Algeria Java User Group! I wish you great success!
- Frans Thamura, Aliber Project in Java.net, Award in Indonesia ICT Award. miss APICTA Competition; and
- Cay Horstmann, Operator Overloading Considered Challenging;
Our current java.net poll asks Why does development for the desktop receive so little publicity today?. Voting will be open until Friday, December 9.
Our latest java.net href="http://www.java.net/archive/spotlight">Spotlight is Heather Van Cura's Java User Groups are joining the JCP community:
This week we published a news feature discussing why Java User Groups (JUGs) are joining the JCP community. Over the past few years, the PMO has made it a priority to recruit JUGs into the JCP program. JUGS are joining now...
Here are the stories we've recently featured in our Java news section:
- Geertjan Wielenga illustrates A Docking Framework & Module System for JavaFX;
- Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine reports JSR 352 is ...?;
- Heather Van Cura announces JCP 2.8 Spec Lead Call 8 December;
- Shai Almog discusses Using EmbeddedContainer;
- Peter Ledbrook continues Countdown to Grails 2.0: Persistence;
- Peter Lawrey demonstrates how to Test a complete failure of the JVM;
- Tori Wieldt invites us to Talk to Java Experts at JavaOne Latin America;
- Joseph D. Darcy announces An apt ending draws nigh;
- Roman Kennke explains How the SwingView works
Attachment Size AlgeriaJUG_sml.png 21.3 KB AlgeriaJUGFirstMtg.jpg 36.08 KBRelated Topics >>